Relapse to Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Scottsdale
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Golden Gate never looked so beautiful...

As he crossed the state line and into Arizona, he thought back to his life; what defined him. He thought about his family and how strange it was to now be separated from them. He thought about his mother and how much he misses her smile. He thought about his dad and how much he missed his laugh. He thought about his brother and how much he missed he goofiness. He thought about his older brother and how much he missed the closest thing to a role model he's ever had. He was diving head first into the shallow end of the past. He thought about his home, and how it overlooked one of the most beautiful vineyards he'd ever seen.

He thought about home. He thought about all of things and how he took them all for granted. After all, you always hear that you never notice how much something means to you until it's gone. And now that it's gone, he's reminiscent and excited. Reminiscent for all the memories he can no longer physically live out, but excited to create new memories in a new home. This will be a new place he will miss once he leaves it; one of many places he will miss.

See, this boy here, he does not plan on sticking around very much to see. He is just one man, and the world is far too large for him... but he's never backed down from a challenge yet. His heart brought him to Tucson, and he's sure it'll lead him elsewhere. His mind, too. His legs, too. His body beckons to travel; his heart and mind want nothing more than to follow its will. This man aches for the new. New experience, new frustrations, new epiphanies, and new disappointments. Not to say that this boy will throw himself into these scenarios, but he will not back down from one should it be presented.

And when he chose to leave, he challenged himself for something new. And when he crossed that bridge for the last time in a long time, he challenged himself to think in a way in which he'd never thought:

The Golden Gate never looked so beautiful, he thought.

Advertisement



3rd August 2008

day 3
I'm smiling!!! It is nice to read your thoughts. You have such a wonderful way of conveying them. We all miss you too!!! Your moving on this journey has created new journeys, fears, disappointments, happiness and curiosities for all you left behind. I am glad you realize how special we are in your life and will always want the best for you and your happiness. Be safe and continue your daily blogs. I enjoy them. Love and More, Mom

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb