U.S.A. 2023 - DAYS 25, 26, 27, 28 - PAGE, FLAGSTAFF, PRESCOTT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Prescott
June 16th 2023
Published: June 19th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 25 - On our way to dinner last night, the two young people on the desk had been so helpful and chatty with us, we left them with a sachet of Vegemite each. Ange advised them on how to enjoy ? it and the guy was looking forward to it but the young lady was a bit apprehensive we think. They weren't on this morning when we left, would like to be a fly on the wall when they try it.

Just a short ride into Page today, 100 k's, a quick stop at Glen Canyon Dam, then off to Horseshoe Bend again for some more pics. We headed off to our favorite Page restaurant State 48 Tavern which Jac & Snap found on our 2016 trip, however joy was short lived as the service, menu & atmosphere was nothing like our previous visits, so down the road aways to The Dam Bar, which had a great menu, great atmosphere and terrible service, can't win em all I guess.

Day 26 - Up early and out to Antelope Point Marina for an hours river tour, up to Antelope Canyon. We had only 12 on the boat and our local guide was very informative on Lake Powell and the canyon. Water depth was 400 feet in the main marina, but only 200 feet in the canyon. Amazing place that relies on snow melt from Colorado, Wyoming & Utah to fill the lake. They are up 50 feet since March and hopefully have another 30-50 feet flow in before the end of summer.

Day 27 - Not a big day of riding today, left Page and headed to Tuba City, chatted with a couple bikers heading to a rally in Wyoming. On the road and thru the desert and into Winslow, Arizona. Been here previously but had lunch at the diner across the street from the Standing on the Corner monument. Then a very windy hours ride down the I40 into Flagstaff for the night. Another wonderful dinner at Texas Roadhouse, with our server Courtney. I ordered the standard Margarita, which came in a large bucket. Should know by now!

Day 28 - Another short day from Flagstaff to Prescott via Sedona, Cottonwood & Jerome. We visited here in both 2016 & 2018, but Prescott is a great laid back little town, with great bars & restaurants. First time in Cottonwood this trip and the Historical Old Town is great, with old buildings and wonderful cafes. Into Prescott and we're staying at a new hotel, The Hassayampa Inn. Very nice and still a short stroll to Whiskey Row on Montezuma Street.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb