Birds and Patagonia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Patagonia
March 20th 2020
Published: March 25th 2020
Edit Blog Post

blog 03-20-20 Birds and Patagonia

We delayed our start to the day til the sun had time to warm it up out there. There was a new adventure in store, I even brought my walking stick. We headed to the end of the campground and down the paved path to the observation area for bird watching. We sat and observed for a short time then we went further down the path where it turned to sand and then steps, lots of them. Near the bottom there was a gate to keep the cows out of the park. The neighbor's cows use this area adjacent to the creek as their pasture.

There is an area with Mesquite trees and green plants growing beneath giving the woods a "dark, scary" appearance. Picture. To the left is the creek with cat tails about 8 ft out in the water, then the lake beyond that. It's a perfect habitat for birds as well as bees. There was a very distinct sound of bees buzzing and I looked in the trees for a hive. Couldn't find one but I sure kept an eye out for the nest. The path let along the creek and all along was this humming of bees. The birds were singing merrily and Watson and I walked along listening and enjoying the smells of spring blooms, fresh damp earth and the occasional cow manure.

We walked a ways down the path and decided it was time to head for home so we turned around and headed back. We had been gone over an hour!

I watched the birds eating at the orange for a while then I realized there were no pictures of Patagonia just cows in a field. To remedy that I headed into town leaving Watson behind and walked around Patagonia for a short time, not very big, got lunch to go and headed back.

It was a nice day, warm during the day 75, then still cool at night, about 42.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb