Why Lake Powell Was Site For So Many Movies


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Page
November 25th 2013
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.9086, -111.473

Glenn Canyon National Recreation Area near Page, AZ has been the site of many movies.

Why? Because the scenery is SOOOOOOO spectacular.

Check out the following link if you are curious about which movies were filmed there : "Movies and the Lake Powell Connection: http://www.lakepowellrealty.net/lake-powell-movies/

We had agreed to meet Sky and Bobbi at Lone Rock camping, kayaking and generally having a good time. We got there about lunchtime, and they arrived shortly afterward. They had wanted to camp close to the water so it would be easy to get our boats in and out of the water. We found a spot we thought would be nice and when they arrived they thought so as well.

We met Sky and Bobbi down in Mexico in 2008 in the old silver mining town of Alamos. We had a great time then, and have stayed in touch. This was our second time to meetup at Lone Rock, which is the closest spot on Lake Powell to their home in Kanab, Utah.

Got ourselves unloaded, put our kayak together and we all decided to do a short paddle before it got dark. We paddle down the shore to the left of Lone Rock as we have done before. Off we went. The weather was cooperating and we had a very nice time. Bobbi and Sky had told us they had seen a coyote on the shore last time they kayaked there and lo and behold there was a coyote on the edge of the cliff We went up in a cut and it was so beautiful with all the different colors, textures and shapes. There were some very fanciful suggestions as to what was being seen. Is it a frog? Lincoln? an Indian? and so on. Lots of laughs as we went along. Bobbi had gone back because the dog was getting tired from all his vigorous swimming.
Got back to shore and fixed dinner. Had some appetizers to begin with and then dinner of something. Little behind getting this story up so cannot tell you exactly what it was. We all sat around the fire catching up and telling stories and laughing. We didn't stay up as late as we might have because it cold and we wanted to be ready to go paddling again in the morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb