Sunny Grand Canyon to Page


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Page
April 16th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, we didn't freeze, the coldest we saw was 21 at 6:30 this morning, but it was 48 inside the camper. It was cold, but sunny and still for a change. It actually felt warmer than yesterday even though it was 10 degrees colder, but without the wind. We sent Bob and Gena on ahead while we broke camp, agreeing to meet at Desert View. The Canyon was spectacular this morning under clear, bright skies. The Canyon vistas were the clearest we've ever seen. It was a beautiful morning at the Grand Canyon.

We headed east toward Cameron, then north to Page. We had thought to go to Kanab, but we dawdled in Page. After hearing that Bryce Canyon was supposed to get snow tonight, we decided to spend the night in Page. After setting up camp, we headed to Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon Dam. After browsing the visitor center at the dam, we headed up the road to an overlook with wonderful views of Lake Powell. After a few photos there, we headed back toward Page and another overlook with great views of the Colorado River and the Glen Canyon dam.

After supper we made our
Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

clear and sunny
plans for tomorrow and the coming few days. Hopefully we'll be able to blog more consistently. 3 nights without internet was trying.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Colorado RiverColorado River
Colorado River

Below Glen Canyon Dam


17th April 2009

Sounds like the beauty is still there even tho it's a bit chilly!!! Stay safe and warm. LUV U!

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb