Long Skirts get you Patted Down


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Mesa
December 28th 2009
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Daisy and her EscortDaisy and her EscortDaisy and her Escort

Daisy is first on the airplane with her own escort to get her settled in. Allegiant provides a wonderful service, but it doesn't come cheap. The flight, after all the extras of choosing a seat, checking a bag and having priority boarding, came to $375 rt.
Geo: 33.417, -111.831

We took Daisy to the airport very early this morning for her flight back to Billings and I got an escort pass so I could go through security with her.

Dumb me--when I packed her bag last night I was having so much trouble getting the "whole Christmas" into her suitcase I wasn't thinking very well. I'd left out her jars of Eucerin and Fiber Therapy powder because she still needed to use them--figured I'd put them in her carry-on in the morning.

Bad idea.

That got me into all kinds of trouble. First the Eucerin had to go back out to the front and into her checked bag. That meant we (because I couldn't leave Daisy anywhere while I ran back to do this) had to go through security twice. We got the full pat down BOTH times, even tho they were only 2 minutes apart and by now the staff was getting to know us quite well.

I was so mad at myself because I had been packing and re-packing our own liquids etc., to get everything we'd need into our quart sized baggies and here I totally went brain dead with Daisy's.

So my post Nigerian terrorist tips are: THINK--don't do anything that makes them look at you twice. No long skirts, no powder substances, OF COURSE no liquids, pastes, creams etc. over 3 oz., no baggy shirts.

And this is just Mesa to Billings--international flights are really crazy now. It doesn't matter what you do you're going to get patted down and have your bags searched.

Next week will be interesting.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.188s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 11; ; mem: 1mb