Utah to Marysvale, Page and Yuma, Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Lake Powell
August 15th 2015
Published: August 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Grand Junction and headed to Utah on I-70. This interstate has some spectacular scenery that includes Book Cliffs, Ferry Swale and Goblin Valley. If you ever have a chance to see this area it has really unusual rock formations and bridges. This area is close to Arches National Park and Canyonlands which are really great to visit.

We arrived in Marysvale where we had a vacation home for 8 years. We stayed with Dale's cousin Wendell and Vee. Their home is only 1/4 mile from where we lived and has a very nice RV site for guests. We had a great week visiting friends and spent a day in the Tushar Mountains riding our ATV's with Mark and Luanne.

Page, Arizona was our next destination. We lived in Page for 35 years and it is an experience to go back to a community we both had businesses in and see the changes. We shared wine at several of our friend's homes and had lunch with Carla who was the manager at my business for 15 years. We spent many years enjoying Lake Powell with a number of different boats over the years. Although the lake is down because of the drought in the west it is still 300 feet deep and is as beautiful as ever. The views around Page are some of the best in Arizona and it was nice to see sunsets and sunrises in the area.

We arrived in Yuma yesterday, August 14th. We were gone for 3 months to the day. Here are some interesting statistics you might enjoy:

Total Mileage: 10,786 Total Destination Miles: 8,443 Total Side Trip Miles: 2,343 Total Destination Driving Hours: 182

We have been asked by a number of people what our favorite place was on the trip. That is really hard to answer since we look at the trip as having 2 different parts. One part was seeing all the new places we had never been before (Little Rock, Smoky Mountains, Outer Banks of North Carolina, Bar Harbor). The other part of the trip was visiting friends and relatives along with way that we had not seen for a long time. That was very special to both of us. This trip will remain an incredible experience we will always appreciate and remember. We hope you have enjoyed sharing our time on this journey.

As the memorable saying goes, "there is no place like home!"

We wish you all a great August and September and see you in the fall...

Hugs... Val, Dale and Toby


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb