Way Out West 2019


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Holbrook
September 6th 2019
Published: September 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We started our day with breakfast at a local eatery called Camaleons. The food was great and the waitress was delightful!! When I travel I like to stay away from chain restaurants if possible. I always research or ask about local eateries!

After breakfast it was off to the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest. The Painted is so named because of the beautiful colors. It starts out with the browns, reds, and oranges then turns to the blues and grays. As you drive further southwest you run into the Petrified Forest. The petrified forest is full of archaeological digs, fossils, ancient petrified wood, petroglyphs, and Pueblo dwellings. It was beautiful!!

Next stop was Four Corners. Four Corners Monument is the only place in the United States where four states intersect: Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado. You can stand on that spot and truly be in four states at one time. We all took turns standing, kneeling, or sitting and taking pictures.

The rest of our day was a driving day to get to Moab, Utah.... home of Arches National Park. It was about 5:30 when we left Four Corners so it would be late when we got to Moab as we already lost an hour the minute we left Arizona. Arizona is the only state in the lower 48 that does not observe daylight savings time....they are in their own time. So if you zig zag in and out of Arizona you gain and lose time

On the way to Moab we stopped at a little restaurant/bar called Stateline. It was at the border of Colorado and Utah. The food was outstanding. The service was excellent and the place was sparkling clean.

Our condo at Moab was extremely nice, complete with a pool. Of course we got there at 10:00 at night and we left at 8:00 am so we really didn’t get to enjoy the amenities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb