Grand Canyon Arizona


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Two years ago we visited the Hoover Dam in Nevada. We looked up to see a suspended bridge being built as a new bypass over the Hoover cavern. We were so disappointed when we crossed. There was no view and know visual that we were high up. As you can see by the picture - all you can see is a cement wall, There was no pull-out before or after to take any pictures. If you want to see how spectacular this bridge type "Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge" in your search engine and the first link has great pictures.

From Hoover Dam we traveled to Flagstaff, Arizona and drove up to the Grand Canyon National Park. Terry had never visited this natural wonder, but I had seen it at age 16 with my parents. I have to say as a typical teenager, I was not really paying attention and was bored with the view. I always wanted to go back and appreciate this historic place in our nation. It was AWESOME and SPECTATULAR.

I bought a new necklace that was hand-crafted by an American Indian woman that was full of gems and stones.

All the pictures do not justify or capture the vastness of this canyon. We drove on to Gallup, New Mexico and we are looking forward to more beautiful landscapes tomorrow as we drive through Albuquerque onto Amarillo, Texas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb