Day 6 - The Grand Canyon National Park


Advertisement
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Cray and MaterCray and MaterCray and Mater

Cray and Mater in Seligman, AZ
Today we started in Seligman, Az. This is the town that the movie Cars was modeled after. We actually saw Mater! We had a big breakfast at the Roadkill Cafe, Colleen had Smeared Deer, and then drove to Grand Canyon National Park. We got there right around lunchtime, too early to check in, so being the adventurous types that we are, decided to try hiking the Bright Angel Trail. We hiked down about a mile on the trail and decided that we had gone far enough. We hiked back up and went to a Ranger Talk about the California Condor. Cray worked on becoming a Junior Ranger. We then went to check in and rest for a little bit. Then we went out to watch the sunset at Hopi Point. It was very dramatic but some clouds blocked the actual setting. After that we went for an incredible dinner at the El Tovor Lodge. On the way back from dinner we came across 4 Elks just grazing on the grass on the path. They're bigger than I expected.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

3C's at Sunset3C's at Sunset
3C's at Sunset

Here we are at Hopi Point watching the sunset over the canyon.
Sunrise over the canyonSunrise over the canyon
Sunrise over the canyon

This is the view from behind our lodge as the sun rose.
Spruce Tree HouseSpruce Tree House
Spruce Tree House

This is one of the many cliff dwellings called Spruce Tree House.
View from the topView from the top
View from the top

This is one of the views from the top of Mesa Verde.
Colorado RockiesColorado Rockies
Colorado Rockies

This is a shot of the Colorado Rockies from Mesa Verde.


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb