Day 2 at the Bar 10 Ranch


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Me at ParaschantMe at ParaschantMe at Paraschant

It was a little chilly at the ranch.
On Day 2 we woke up very early, since we are on Eastern time. It's a good thing they serve breakfast at 6:30am so I didn't have to go hungry very long. The breakfast was awesome- cheesy eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy. Very yummy. After breakfast we had a guided tour to Paraschant National Monument. It is one of the canyons close to the Grand Canyon. We took the Range Rover. Lane was our tour guide- he was our favorite of the cowboys. There were lots of rocks on the trail on our way up to the canyon, which usually wasn't concerning. I chose to sit in the back of the Range Rover, so I didn't have to look at the steep declines and inclines. There was this one incident when Lane was reaching for a snack on the seat beside him while we were going down a very steep decline...

We traveled up to the top of this canyon and had lunch by the Juniper trees. It was very beautiful. My photos do not do it justice. It was so peaceful there. Very quiet except for the sound of birds and some insects. It was ideal for me- peace
The Range RoverThe Range RoverThe Range Rover

This is what we rode out to Paraschant. You can see Lane, our tour guide and favorite cowboy, sitting on the edge of the canyon in the background.
and quiet where there are no cell phones or noisy crowds. After lunch we headed back to the ranch where we had the afternoon and evening to do whatever we wanted. I look a little siesta on the grass under a tree at the ranch and then read a book for awhile.

Bar 10 is also a working cattle ranch where they grass feed their cattle, there is no corn in their diets. It's organic beef, and that's what they served us for dinner. We had potates and home made yeast rolls too. The best food I've had in a very long time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Paraschant 21- flowerParaschant 21- flower
Paraschant 21- flower

I love how this is growing out of the side of the rock.
Paraschant 24- Juniper TreesParaschant 24- Juniper Trees
Paraschant 24- Juniper Trees

This is where we had lunch.


11th June 2009

awesome!
Awesome recap, Bridget! It was so much fun (minus the puking).

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb