End of the Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Chandler
July 21st 2011
Published: July 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the 14th we started off the day by having a picnic . We then went to St. Giles cathedral where there is one of two cheribs of the world playing a bagpipe. We then got to see HP at midnight. Which of course was amazing because that is where Harry Potter was written. On the 15th we went on our tour to Loch Ness. We went on a boat tour where I got some pictures of Nessie so good news. Since the Loch is in the highlands we took a little walk around and it was beyond words. It was green and the clouds were low and it rained just enough to be pretty. We then had our first couchsurfing experience. We stayed with two guys who Astrid (Malo's sister) had stayed with. These two french girls were also there so we had fun with them. Rob one of the guys just gave us his house key so that was weird because we were not sure which room was his. We put they keys into a woman's house. That was the weirdest thing I have ever done until the next night. So, the 16th we arrive into London around 10 at night and we meet Ravi for our second couchsurfing. We met him out at a bar and had to check our bags into a coat room. This now is the weirdest thing I have done. It was called Club Cuban so there were all these Spanish language songs playing that were the same ones I enjoyed in Mexico!!! The 17th comes around which we had been looking forward to our Bike Tour. This being our last bike tour we got a free t-shirt!!! On the tour we saw Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and other such famous things in London. Then after getting our shirts we went to the park wehre the Peter Pan statue was located. When we last went to Europe we looked for it but never found it this time we were determined and it tried to hide from us BUT we found him.
Monday the 18th we had another picnic in front of the Royal Palace. Then, we went to Platform 9 and 3/4 obviously the Hogwarts express was not running that day. We then spent some time in an English Pub where we met 3 Englishmen playing bridge with a man from Cincinnati. The guy from Cincinnati had to leave so I played a game of bridge with them still pretty confused on how it works. Then since we were a group of 5 we played this other game which was like the french twist or something I dont know it was super fun though. Our last full day in Europe the 19th 😞. We woke up and went to Stonehenge with Ravi the person who was hosting us in London. It was amazing. I decided to take a picture where I did a cartwheel. The first one turned out good but I tried for another and kicked a woman in the face she just ran away. So, good news is she is still alive. We just then went back and packed all of our stuff. We had about 4 bags left of Raman and Ravi added some veggies and meat to it so that was delicious!.

20th...last day
We were not sure which terminal we left from and asked the guy at the tube stop and lucimly he looked it up for us so that was nice. WE take the tube all the way which took about an hour. Then we had to go by security twice one to get it and the second just to get into our gate. I watched 4 movies and ate twice. The movies were Suckerpunch, Red Riding Hood, Ramona nd Beezus, and Jane Eyre. Two of the movies had a main guy named Henry so that was funny. But yeah do not watch those first two mvoies awful! Customs in DFW was also a nightmare! We waited in like 3 times. First to get checked and stamped back in. Second, we got our bags back just to recheck them. Finally, back by security! From DFW to PHX was pretty easy but we had some turbulence because of the huge duststorms happening here. Mom then took me to get Wendy's I enjoyed a delicious Frosty.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb