Welcome to Our Travel Blog


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Avondale
January 16th 2010
Published: January 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The FranksThe FranksThe Franks

Alan, Aliesha & Lori ~ Wishing you Happy Travels!! Grand Palace ~ Bangkok
Greetings Fellow Travelers and Honored Visitors!

Welcome to our Travel Blog. Of course this first entry is going to be an introduction and hopefully interesting enough to keep you coming back again and again. Alan and I have just celebrated our 30 year wedding anniversary on January 9, 2010. That is an important date because ten years ago on our 20th anniversary, we went on a three day Mexican cruise. That fun and exciting little jaunt is what gave the travel addiction it's foothold in our lives. Over the past 10 years we have traveled and vacationed in many wonderful destinations. We both love photography. Although neither one of us claim any rights to professionalism, our philosophy is; if you take 300 photos you are bound to capture five astounding shots. (Thank goodness for digital cameras!!) So after thousands of clicks, we actually do have some decent photos we want to share here on our travel blog. I also love to journal. I have kept travel journals of all our trips. I have to do this because my memory isn't as vivid as I'd like it to be, by keeping a journal I can write down feelings and details that would be otherwise lost over time. If I can encourage you in any way to memorialize your travels, besides photos, it would be to keep a journal. The time it takes will be rewarded back to you tenfold. Besides, what else do you have to do on those long flights?

We have three children. Our two older boys are grown up and live on their own. Our oldest son Daniel, has traveled a lot as well and I am hoping he will start a blog of his own. His stories are always adventures that exceed what I want to experience personally, but love to hear nonetheless, and laugh because it was not me! Most of our travels include our daughter, Aliesha. She is thirteen now, but has been traveling with us since she was eight years old. Our most recent trip to Thailand has been her favorite. We will be including her thoughts on traveling in our blog also. I think she will be able to give insight to other travelers in her age group.

We believe and are thankful we live in a age of travel opportunity. Just fifty to sixty years ago it was difficult to hop on an airplane and travel anywhere in the world, at least that's what our parents tell us.😊 With all of the discount travel sites on the internet and the affordable packages they are able offer, there are many travel options for every budget. With careful planning, the trip of a lifetime can be yours. We know this is true because we have experienced that trip a few times already!

Far And Away,
Alan & Lori Franks

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb