Published: July 31st 2012July 31st 2012
Our tour will be loaded with opportunities for God's spirit to speak to us individually and corporately. However, I think it is important to give each person that wishes to share some devotional thoughts relevant to sites we will visit each day. So, I am requesting that individuals that would like to prepare one five minute (this is an absolute maximum of time because the heavy tourist traffic and our limit on visiting a particular area, and I will have to blow the whistle) devotional that can be plugged in during the span of the trip. You have until August 7 to commit. After that, I will take devotionals when there are no volunteers. I will decide the time for each day's devotional based on time availability, privacy, and location. Sometimes, it will be on the bus as we travel. Other, times it might be by the seashore. Or, maybe we will take the time right at the sight.
I am attaching one or two picture to give you an idea of the setting for each day. Please email me and I will make assignments on a first come, first serve. Please prepare well for this five minute devotional. It
may be that God already has a plan for using your devotional to bless another.
• Here are the days and the subject. You will be able to select an appropriate scripture for your devotional. The purpose is renewal.
• Day 1 Going to the land of the giants. An introductory devotional that will aim to raise our expectations of what might occur.
• Day 2 Arrival in Cairo. Learning to reflect on the day's activities.
• Day 3 The Pyramids--The challenge to build the impossible.
• Day 4 Israel battles the Amelkites--a hill top experience.
• Day 5 Mt. Sinai--the ten commandments
• Day 6 Petra--An Individuals Role in the Bigger Picture (Petra stands only because of what thousands of people did)
• Day 7 The Mediterranean--Praying for the Hosts of the Lands we are visiting by the seaside.
• Day 8 Capernaum and Nazareth--Reflecting on the importance of preparation for the rest of life's journey
• Day 9The Sea of Galilee--Getting the Most from both Peace and Storms (Early Morning Sunrise Devotional by the Sea of Galilee
• Day 10 Jordan River--Reflecting upon our Baptism
• Day 11Ein Gedi--Dealing with the Saul's in our life.
• Day 12 Jerusalem--Striving for "Holiness."
• Day 13 The Garden of Gethsemane--When the Future Appears Limited
• Day 14 The Garden Tomb--Communion Devotion--Reflecting on the Resurrection Bob Watkins will conduct this one.
There are more photos below