Day 22-Saturday-June 3, 2017-Portage to Anchorage,AK


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Portage
June 3rd 2017
Published: June 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Up at 6:30am, 50deg. cloudy.
Today we say gooodbye to the rolling hills, snow capped mountains, glaciers, and amazing wildlife of Alaska. We had a relaxing morning as there's no rush to be anywhere today except at the airport by 9:40 PM. We return the RV to Great Alaskan Holidays this afternoon and then head for the airport. We finished packing, cleaned up the RV, donated our leftover food & sundries to manager of campsite who invited us to a cookout party tonight, will include the extra halibut we had saved for him...we had to decline as we'll be on or way. Tom & Peggy headed out early, to get jump on the day...their flight isn't until early a.m. tomorrow and they're staying in motel to rest up before flight to D.C.
Dorrie and I along with Sue & Al headed out for a visit to a nearby wildlife refuge for injured animals. We got to see some of the wildlife that we had missed on our journey including a lynx grizzly bear close up and Wolves. After our visit we headed down the Seward Highway to Anchorage and the Great Alaskan Holidays headquarters to turn in the RV., which with our very smoothly and without a hitch. The company runs a shuttle service for its customers to the airport, loaded our bagd and took us to the airport for the five hour wait for our flight. We had dinner with Al and Sue and in no time were boarding our flight , where I'm sitting right now finishing his last post.
Life is a journey and this trek to Alaska for the past 22 days has been a memorable part of that journey. I'm glad you came along.
Until the next time...all for now.
Quentin


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb