North Pole Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » North Pole
July 7th 2012
Published: July 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I am going to write this blog again. I had it all typed and lost the internet. I tried last night, but no internet then. Thursday night Scott, Carroll and Barbara's son, brought us huge cinnamon rolls that he had made. He is also the one that cooked our roasts for July 4th. Very good cook. Yesterday morning we got the rock chips filled in our windshield. A guy came to the park to do it. We had 3 rock chips and Charlie had one in his rv and one in his truck. Hopefully, we won't get anymore. We had another beautiful day yesterday. I went shopping with the ladies for quilt material and then we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant where they cook the food in front of you. Very entertaining and good food. Jim and the guys went north of Fairbanks to an old gold mine. Jim doesn't think it has been workiing for 15 to 20 years. Hopefully, I can add the pictures of the mine and dredge. Jim said the dredge which has buckets to lift up the rocks out of the water is over a football field long. The rocks that are there were left from a glacier. The had lunch at a lodge that used to be a trading post built in the 1930's. He said the ceiling and walls are covered with dollar bills with people's names written on them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb