Cruising on the Inside Passage


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our adventure on the High Seas. I hope you enjoy our little getaway and can get a taste of cruising to Alaska. Marie (aka Lani) and I have been looking forward to an Alaska cruise for quite some time. My parents really enjoyed cruising during their lifetime, having sailed to Hawaii, Alaska, the Mediterranean; and the Caribbean; through the Panama Canal; and the St. Lawrence Seaway. So, I guess we come by it naturally. Lani and I have always talked about taking a cruise, so now it’s our time.

We have had a taste of what cruising would be like with the weekend getaways to Ensenada on the Carnival cruise line. We celebrated Caitlin and Danielle’s high school graduations with the trips. I always felt they were more like frat parties on the water, rather than real cruise experiences. When you see folks dragging coolers full of beer on board, you begin to wonder.

We began our plans last year, doing the required investigation into cruise lines, ports of call, time of year and length of the trip. We settled on a trip through the Inside Passage of Alaska for our first true cruise experience. Early summer was the optimum time with Lani being done with teaching; and while the rates were a little cheaper than high summer. A number of friends recommended Princess Cruise lines, so here we are.

Our youngest daughter, Danielle, just graduated from SDSU. So, what better way to celebrate than to leave both girls at home, and embark on our own to the northern coast of America (with 2600 of our closest friends)!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb