Alaska..top of the world! Alaksa... Ganz oben in Nord Amerika!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Hyder
August 10th 2015
Published: August 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Famliy an Friends! Hallo Familie ind Freunde!On our way to Alaska we travelled through many small villages. It was amazing to observe the Natives in MoriceTown Canyon in the rushing river..... scooping nets full of salmon in seconds. We visited an authentic Native smoke house where they were smoking whole, half and pieces of salmon. Martin made friends with the guys and traded some cherries for some smoked salmon. On our way to Alaska we saw a moose and four bears. We had a little car trouble on the way. We ran over a pylon and it hit our exhaust pipe and it fell off. We didn't notice it until the inside of our RV started smelling like smoke. We stopped to take a look around and noticed that the exhaust pipe fell off and was burning the fiberglass on the lower part of the RV. Lucky we were near a town and we got it all fixed up. We spent four days in Stewart and Hyder Alaska in the Tongas Rain forest...the largest rainforest in the world. We went into the general store and the owner showed us his gun and told us a story about one of his friends getting eaten by a bear. Just then a guy came into the store and he was the person who tracked and shot the bear. We went to Fish Creek park which has walkways and a platform from which people (mostly photographers) from all over the world spend hours waiting to catch a glimpse of a bear or a wolf. We saw one bear running away and an eagle eating salmon, but no bear there. We saw 8 black bears and four of them were cubs (I included pics below.) On our way back down to prince rupert we saw a mama bear and a cub. We also saw a wolf. The beauty of nature in Northern BC is something to behold!!! We arrived in Prince Rupert yesterday. Tomorrow we will take a 6 hour ferry ride to the Haida Gwaii where we will spend a week roaming the islands and learning the history.



..und jetzt noch etwas auf deutsch fuer euch…

jeder Tag ist voll von grossen und kleinen Ueberraschungen und egal ob unterwegs oder zu hause,vergesst nicht das Leben zu geniessen!

Bev ist eine richtige Abenteuerin und wir probieren Angeln und erkunden Wildnis im BaerenLand..

Morgen frueh sind wir mit der Faehre fuer eine Woche auf Haida Gwaii,bestimmt warten dort schon neue Angeltouren und Wildtiere auf uns..

Natuerlich ohne Netz- und WLAN .. also keine Sorge,wir werden schon nicht gefressen werden..

J


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb