Hubbard Glacier Alasak 31 July 2016


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hubbard Glacier 31 July 2016



The next morning, we woke to more wonderful weather with a little more cloud cover. We had reached the Hubbard Glacier which is slowly moving into the Pacific. Again, another stunning site.



We had a relaxing day on board the ship with it being the first and only day we did not see too much land.



The crew put on a talent show for us. It was good to see the ‘other side’ of some of the talented crew. Acts varied from a Balinese dance, to singing, hip-hop dance to comedy act. There was also a cake cooking contest between the cruise director and one other crew member. They made black forest cakes. Of course there was too much cherry brandy put on the cake and the cream was flying everywhere. The crowed all shared the cake at the end of the performance.



For the last dinner on the cruise we booked in to the French restaurant and had a beautiful meal accompanied by verve clique Champaign. We started our meal we an entrée which was served in 4 cones. Each had a different, flavoursome mixture. The whole meal was so light and tasty. We squeezed in some delicious desert at the end.



It was then off to the final performance. There were 4 rock singers, 2 Americans, 1 South African and a bloke from Melbourne – and could they sing. We wanted to get up n dance. They even sang an operatic song so their voices were very versatile.



What a fantastic cruise we have had. The next morning, we disembarked at Seward at 8.00am after a leisurely breakfast. It was raining but didn’t matter as we were to have a travel day. Gosh we have been so lucky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb