Home!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
February 12th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
I'm home now, recuperating! It's amazing to see Blaise walking around, and Sam seems older, too! It's great to be back, although sometimes I wake up and can't remember if I am in China or not... What a trip!
Tomorrow I go back to work. Sharon's brother Mike, and his wife Rachael are here, enjoying the beautiful Alaskan winter for another week. So, it is a full house, but fun to be back with everyone.
Here are some pics from Hong Kong. Mostly while there, I walked around Temple Street market in Kowloon, ate good food, rode the escalator up through the hilly Hong Kong side, rode a cable trolley up to the "Peak", a lookout viewing area of HK, with a shopping mall of course, and marveled at the enourmous city.

Anyway, this is my last post for this trip. Hope you got some entertainment out of it, it was fun posting and reading everyone's comments. I feel very lucky to have been able to go on this trip, and fortunate to have Sharon here to take care of the boys and the house while I was away.

China was a pretty fascinating place, and I
In front of the cityIn front of the cityIn front of the city

Again from the Peak
am still letting it all sink in, there was so much to absorb. Maybe someday I will return, but until then, zaijian!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ElevatorElevator
Elevator

Up through town, I rode it to the top, getting off at various streets to eat, drink, or shop.
Night SceneNight Scene
Night Scene

From the Kowloon side looking at Hong Kong proper
Light showLight show
Light show

They had a light show on the Hong Kong buildings, syncronized with music on the Kowloon side. Patterns on buildings would change with the music and sometimes lasers would shoot out from the tops of the buildings.
Back in AKBack in AK
Back in AK

On the road from Anchorage to Homer... trying to stay alert for ice and moose.


23rd February 2007

what a trip!
An amazing trip! Neat sounding lite show on all the buildings. Yes, you one lucky man! Abit of a contrast on the last picture! Always good to get home! Love, Mom

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb