Day 90 - Goodbye Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
July 29th 2013
Published: July 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today while I did laundry and cleaned the inside of the trailer, Joe cleaned the outside. Then it was time to tag team and give the dogs their baths. Since today was our last day in a big camp in Alaska, we all decided having a "goodbye Alaska" BBQ was what we needed to do for dinner. Salmon, steaks, hamburgers, beans, camp potatoes and mixed vegetables were the menu. Of course we had to have dessert so Jon and Joyce provided the banana cream pie. Our goal 3 months ago was to see as much of Alaska as we could in 5 weeks, and we all agreed we did just that. While the 3 months seems to have flown by, all I have to do is talk to the grandkids back home and I am reminded how much I have missed being with them. Mikey was excited yesterday when I told him we should be home in 6 weeks or so. He's very excited about the 47# of salmon sitting in our freezer right now. Alaska is so beautiful in everyway. The native people have a total sense of family and family support. I have been amazed at the conversations I have had with the younger generation and how they feel about making a total contribution to society and their individual tribes. It has been refreshing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb