Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
August 15th 2012
Published: August 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wow, now that was a lot of flying! Cape Town to Dubai, Dubai to Seattle, Seattle to Anchorage. So now I can enjoy having my feet on the ground for a while.

It's taking us a little longer this time to adjust to the time change - Anchorage is 10 hours behind South Africa and we are all still recovering from the flu- so things are a little fuzzy when I try and remember what exactly we did the first few days..haha, but I'll try and fill the gaps with some pictures..

The weather is very pleasant at the momemnt, eventhough we had our scarves and coats on, the locals were in strappy tops and shorts! It starts getting light at about 4:30am and dark at about 11:30pm- very long days! it's weird trying to go to bed with the light peeking through the curtains!

There are pretty flower arrangements everywhere, little bursts of colour in hanging basket arrangements, flower boxes and along the road- they really make it pretty and cheerful.

That's all for now...hopefully the fotos will give you a bit of an idea, remember scroll ALL the way down for more fotos..


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Pilots..Seattle to AnchoragePilots..Seattle to Anchorage
Pilots..Seattle to Anchorage

a not so smooth ride


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb