Roof Rail Repair


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Roof Rail RepairRoof Rail RepairRoof Rail Repair

Our RV inside Bay 17
Hallelujah! Some work has finally begun on our RV. They are replacing our roof rails today (another recall problem). They were going to do them when they did our end cap but we will take anything at anytime now. Cory saw Billy early this morning. He came back to the RV at 7:00 AM and announced "we are to go to repair bay #17 now!" But....I am still in bed! So it was a mad rush of flying around: getting dressed and ready while packing up the rig to close it up. In a matter of minutes, we were over in Bay 17 ....doesn't matter that I look like a rag-a-muffin from the ravine. Poor Lulu is still inside the RV and she is more presentable than me. So now we sit with our friends, old and new, in the lounge and just wait. They said our work would take @ 8 hours to do, so it will be a long wait. But that is what we have really become accustomed to doing--------waiting...what else is there to do.

Cory talked to the men who will do our end cap...WHEN it gets in! They said IF all goes well with that
Piggly WigglyPiggly WigglyPiggly Wiggly

Dining in the cafe at PW's
repair, it will take "hopefully" four days. We can't stay in it for two nights when they are working on it so we shall take another trip somewhere...we would like to go on one of those big paddle boats on the Mississippi River but I'm not sure if they are paddling because of the river being so low. They have some nice boats in Memphis. We shall call and check...if not, we MAY have to go back to Tunica....I don't think we will be struggling too much.

Time to kill while waiting for the roof rail repair so we did some of the things we were saving for a special occasion: ate lunch at Piggly Wiggly's (grocery store cafe).....a complete opposite from Wegmans but price was right....entire dinner was $3.50. Then we shopped at the Dollar Store that just opened. It was very nice...it was like a Super-Dollar Store.....had a regular grocery section in it. We topped our shopping adventure off at a True Value Hardware. I can tell, you are all turning green with envy so I won't tell you anymore...actually, nothing more to tell.

Advertisement



23rd August 2012
Roof Rail Repair

That is some operation! How many bays are there?

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb