Alabama Cross - State


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Enterprise
April 14th 2010
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.3152, -85.8547

We left Natchez and Mississippi and travelled across 2/3 of Alabama on Route 84. This is a state highway about 1/3 of the way up the state from the Gulf of Mexico. The town of Enterprise is the sight of the US Army Aviation Division. Along Highway 84 we saw farming, cattle ranching and a lot of forestry. Lots of logging trucks and reforestation projects. There are many abandoned farms - likely a result of people moving to the cities and the consolidation of farm and forestry land. Towns are small and usually consist of 2-3 gas stations and 2-3 churches. Very few grocery stores so people must travel to the larger centers. Most churches are either Baptists (many different divisions) and Methodist. Along the highway were lots of very nice farm holdings with fairly new large houses and private lakes and waterholes. Gas is about 65-70 cents a litre. The mapping on the GPS has been very good until we got into Alabama. It seems that TomTom has not been able to obtain updated information from Alabama. We ended up on some interesting side trips. Tomorrow we head into Georgia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.71s; Tpl: 0.079s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.1381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb