The Yucatan Jan 5- March 6 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico
March 6th 2017
Published: March 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Making our way across the border at Columbia Loredo Bridge at opening 8 AM and returning at Loredo late in the Day Mar 6 at the public site both times with ease we have now gone this trip 8650 miles and seen every state of Mexico.A outstanding adventure through 792 cities, towns and villages. From tiny towns of no frills, to large cities of educated high class people the Mexicans treat you very well. The are kind, happy and very helpful people we enjoy them every day, Its sad to leave but we will be back. 65 days no rain,warm sun, 23 days not another RV in site and days in multiple of not another white person.

Tacos, pollo, cervecas, playas of Aqua azure. Roads with no shoulder fullof holes, high mountain passes and a lot of dirt and gravel, dry fluffy dust. The place in the world of peace, sharing with each other and siesta 2-4 daily even many of the shops will close.. The killer topez. We now have a new muffler system (old one shook off) on the topez, propane regulator shook loose, a few less dishes, missing hub cap and many more small scratches.

Believe me we did not drive fast. Mexico where you still ride in the back of the pick up trucks, kids jumping on the back seat only the driver is supposed to be buckled in, Mexico where roads signs are only a suggestion. No problem passing on a double solid line, if you see someone trying out of courtesy you hug the edge and put on your left signal light when it appears to be safe for them to pass.. On a red light , no policio just go when there is no more cars.

Highway tolls are a delight so many of them. Don't be afraid you can go any where the people are kind. We have picked up families from breakdowns in cars and taxis ( a lot of beaters) pilled them in with their groceries from the market into the motor home and dropped them at their village. The smiles and thank yous are plentiful, In turn Mexicans have gone out of their way numerous times to help us find something, with repairs or a place to park.

You must go we will be Back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.433s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb