East Yucatan is like Florida except....


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán
December 11th 2019
Published: December 11th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Road to botanical garden


Florida state in the USA has everything you might dream for a vacation: beaches and warmth, excellent infrastructure, themes parks, national parks and reserves, (natural and cultural), camping, fishing, golf, shopping malls,etc...

Yucatan, starting from Cancun down to Tulum is a bit the same. There are some differences though: the very fast development of the coast has led to dozens of kilometers of private beaches where it's almost impossible to go. Also, while in Florida if you like nature, you have national parks, state parks and reserves always very cheap, in Yucatan, there are very few natural parks not related to a theme park or to a tour company. But with some research and tips, you can find some quiet and cheap places, even in the busy Riviera Maya. For these, go to very less popular archaeological sites, or to botanical gardens. Regarding the latter, the botanical garden in Puerto Morelos, is easy to access. It's never crowded, has a healthy forest and you can see many wild animals like spider monkeys, birds, turtles... You see, for those who really love nature, to see animals in nature, is REALLY REALLY much interesting than see them in zoos, (even for well crafted ones like many X* parks). In this blog, you'll see some pictures where we rent a condo in Playacar, and also images from the botanical garden. i rented a van for my group, (7 adults). the driving is more intense than in USA or Canada, but it's okay.



Next stop, the very busy but beautiful Tulum archaeological site.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 103; dbt: 0.0937s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb