On the road to Veracruz


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Veracruz » Vera Cruz
January 24th 2017
Published: February 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Left our camp at Quinta Alicia heading south to the south of Veracruz following all our friends we are travelling with through bannanna belt, the roads were a real day of a bad day of roads, rough no shoulder and how many Topez? Crossing the Nautla river we came to our first toll 40 pesos for a cuota road that was no better and maybe worse than we had been travelling Mex 180. But the beauty to come was worth the roads we are now in sugar cane country going like a herd of turtles across the country , the speed is 100 kms in our rigs 70 kms seems tough.Second toll of the day 84 pesos. Finally arrived at our destination but guess what even though we reserved CLOSED another Mexican experience we settled on the beach at the coco down the way , its under construction ( maybe for 3 years) who knows its Mexico But we all made it , The sea is to die for, the air is fresh who needs power? But guess what the power works. Veracruz itself an up scale full size city with every amenity one wants, the sea side beautiful not a tourist area by any means I wonder where everyone is . Its been 14 days since we have seen a foreigner and by golly today who pulls into the beach 3 fellows from Washington! The old town is well preserved , the traffic flows well in spite of the numbers and the sun shines all day long. We had a repair to do with our exhaust system being Mexico it took days to find the part, but happily it is all repaired for now and on the road we go Destination Catemaco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement


The PlayaThe Playa
The Playa

We love it


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb