Border Town of Mexico, where the party is


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Tamaulipas » Nuevo Laredo
November 9th 2001
Published: November 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Señor FrogSeñor FrogSeñor Frog

Myself, Evan, Jennifer, and Alaska. What happen down in Mexico, stays in Mexico!
The university decides to stay at the Laredo - Texas side for insurance and security reason, but we are free to go to the Mexican side of the town - Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas. All the vans are to stay at the hotel along Rio Grande, and we walked over the Friendship Bridge to Mexico. Just like that, we are in Mexico without even having our paperwork checked by the Mexican immigration and custom.

The assignment is to observe different culture through landscape design projects in Mexico. Carrie, Sandy, Jason and I were paired up to walk around as a group, and we survived the day. We had our dinner at a small piazza tucked in somewhere and I guess it was bluntly obvious that we don’t look like Mexicans, as we hastily had to decline many offers to buy stuff from many stalls along the street of Nuevo Laredo.

After coming back to the hotel to clean up (meaning we crossed back to the United States of America), our Savanna Studio group decided to be back partying in Mexico for the night. So yeah, ignoring our university policy of not having alcohol during the trip, we went to Señor
Carrie and ICarrie and ICarrie and I

We look like a couple!
Frog to ‘celebrate’ our freedom: no drinking age in Mexico anyway. As soon as they found out that we are from the States (duh!), we were served like kings and queens, having us lined up to a man standing on top of a table for free hard liquor pouring straight out from a bottle to our mouth. Nothing much to remember after that, but we all managed to walk back across the bridge to the States, completely wasted while standing at the US immigration line to have our passports check. It was hard to have a serious face with the border patrol as they are very strict allowing people into USA from Mexico.

Weet claimed to spot some illegal crossing at the Rio Grande when he went for a walk for bird watching. Throughout the night, there were many helicopters flying over our hotel and Rio Grande, having their spotlights sweeping the wild vegetation along the river to search some illegal activities.


God Bless America!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mexico-USAMexico-USA
Mexico-USA

The very border of Mexico and USA.
CoronaCorona
Corona

Ahh .. A Corona sign.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb