RV there yet?!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sonora
December 27th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

Adam and I are sending Merry Christmas wishes from the beach in Huatabampito, Mexico! We made it safely to Tucson via Pagosa Springs and the Grand Canyon, and then through much of the state of Sonora to a small RV site right on front of the ocean!! Kudos to my dad who got us here, driving like a pro through tiny towns in a giant F-150 dragging our home on the back.... the most fun was when we got lost in nearby Huatabampo on Christmas eve, and ended up driving through the middle of town as the streets were closing off for holiday festivities... fun, fun, fun... but with a little stress we made it here in mostly good spirits and started off festivities with some tasty Margaritas!

Christmas on the beach was interesting... not the usual holiday stuff, but we all had a great time soaking in sun, and building a giant sand Christmas tree (photos to be posted)! My mom is always adding to the excitement, this time befriending (with leftover steak) the RV host's dogs (who we thought were strays at first)...

But Mexico so far is really fabulous, and we are excited to see more. Early this morning we were surprised to see group of dolphins swimming close to our beach... other highlights include stopping in Hermosillo to enjoy delicious homemade tacos from a roadside stand manned by a father-son duo.

Our next stop will probably be the town of Los Mochis (we unfortunately realized that Mazatlán, our original destination, will be too far for my parents to get back in time to send Alex home for New Years Eve) where the family will help Adam and I find a bus to get to Mazatlán, and then to Mexico City!

We'll keep you all posted on what happens next, and send us messages from home!!

Miss you all,

Nikki and Adam





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



1st January 2009

You guys rock!
Hey, your trip sounds so exciting, and I'm glad you're keeping a blog. Keep us posted! Jake and I are heading to New Zealand in September for one year around the world. Yes!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb