In Puerto Penasco


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sonora » Puerto Peñasco
February 6th 2022
Published: February 6th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Well you probably thought we were lost somewhere, but we are here in Puerto Penasco. After a long drive from St George to Phoenix and then a drive from Phoenix to here we arrived the Friday evening. We had four vans with I think are 38 people. Not sure. If you have ever been on a SunRiver hike you know the counting is the hardest part of the hike. We made it through the border with no problems. I think we looked like one of those church groups we always try to stay away from.

So far we have been on the move since we got here. First night dinner at one of Jose’ s friends who owns and runs a Restuarant in town and several members of the local Rotary club. Great food and even greater people. Yesterday we went to one of the beaches and did a beach cleanup, much like our road cleanup with beautiful scenery. After, we went to the Friendly el Delfin for a marvelous lunch. We stuffed ourselves with more food than I normally eat in a day.





At 3:30 we boarded a boat to done some whale watching. Not sure they are here yet since they are migrating down the California Coast, but we eat and drank more so we really didn’t care. We cruised back in to the harbor with a wonderful sunset. At that point we didn’t care if we saw any whales.



we drove back to the resort and had some more food and of course margarita. If it sounds like we are eating and drinking a lot it is true. Today we are off to the volcano and you guess correctly, more food and drink.





More stuff on my impressions of the trip later. For now just the facts and pictures.





See you tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



6th February 2022

Love the pics!
Thanks for sending the pics and blog. What a great trip with a group of fun friends. Love the eat, drink, and be merry part. Keep it up. ❤️
8th February 2022

Good to hear from you
It is great to hear from you. We miss you on our hikes.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb