Stone Island's secret garden


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa
March 2nd 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 23.1868, -106.403

Tucked away on this tiny spit of land 10 minutes from Mazatlán is an elaborate garden just behind our campsite that appears to be a bit of a mystery. Is it part of a planned development for the island? Are they going to buy up our RV park so they have access to the beach? Will we be able to return here next year?

It's a quality piece of landscaping so totally out of place in this rustic, indigenous community that somebody has to be up to something. Nobody puts that kind of money into a project for nothing.

So one rumor we heard was that a development company out of Durango had bought up a stretch nearly 8 miles long for an eco friendly resort and the garden is part of that.

Anyone who's been to Stone Island though and seen how empty the golf course condos are would surely think twice before investing that kind of money...wouldn't they? In a gorgeous development right on the beach that could easily house 4,000 people we saw 3 cars and no one walking about or on the pristine not-a-weed-in-sight golf course.

After spending a couple of days at the garden taking pictures I became really curious about the names of all these flowers and started looking on line. Some I could find but others I never did. They're a delight to see though and I loved my time among them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Tulips in the skyTulips in the sky
Tulips in the sky

This is an African Tulip tree, or Flame of the Forest.
Banana tree blossomBanana tree blossom
Banana tree blossom

See the little green bananas like a crown above the bright red blossom?


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb