RVing in Mexico with Raymondo and Marsia - 2013


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Sinaloa
February 1st 2013
Published: February 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Let me reintroduce ourselves. We are couple of senior citizens from San Jose, California. This is our fifth year wintering in Mexico traveling in a Dodge truck carrying a double slide-out Host camper. Since we're just following the same routes we've taken in the past, we're not planning to blog this year except to post a few photos and comment on new experiences. For those of you who... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

One of Mazatlan's 600 or so pulmonias.One of Mazatlan's 600 or so pulmonias.
One of Mazatlan's 600 or so pulmonias.

These ubiquitous little cars, first brought here in the 60's were so named by resentful taxi drivers who claimed riders would catch pulmonia (Spanish for pneumonia) from riding in them. They are a tad more expensive than taxies. We generally ride the bus or walk.
Arturo and his wife Rosa Alba with their grandson.Arturo and his wife Rosa Alba with their grandson.
Arturo and his wife Rosa Alba with their grandson.

They operate the second shrimp stand on the beach as you head south - Playa Walton. Both spoke very good English and were very helpful advising us about the carnival etc.
Ray's dish.Ray's dish.
Ray's dish.

All this (about three cups) of shredded beef with potatoes and onions, soup, salad, water and desert for 68 peso - $5.25 U.S.
I had the shrimp special for the same price.I had the shrimp special for the same price.
I had the shrimp special for the same price.

My meal was delicious but not a huge as Ray's. They also offered three chicken dishes for that price.
This is self explanatory.  This is self explanatory.
This is self explanatory.

Variations of this sign are placed all over in downtown Mazatlan.
These signs are new this year.These signs are new this year.
These signs are new this year.

The little man speeds up as the seconds are reduced. So funny.
Can you guess what a McPollo sandwich is.Can you guess what a McPollo sandwich is.
Can you guess what a McPollo sandwich is.

We don't remember seeing these ads before.
Twisted chicken at Twisted Mama's.Twisted chicken at Twisted Mama's.
Twisted chicken at Twisted Mama's.

A generous size chicken breast with cheese and avocado topped with a chipotle cream sauce. Yum.



4th March 2013

Enjoying your blog
I rarely check my old home email account...was glad I did because I rec'd a notification about your entry. I'm looking forward to traveling with you guys again this year. The food looks delish!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb