Akumal - Week #2


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Akumal
January 14th 2016
Published: January 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We left Cozumel Monday for the ferry ride back across the channel to Akumal. To my total and utter dismay it was raining and very windy which of course tranlasted to extremely rough seas. It was a tough 40 minutes, I sat in the middle of the ferry state room with a "blue bag" in one hand a kleenix in the other. Luckily I didn't have to use the "blue bag", but it was close, very close. We arrived in Playa del Carmen with 4 dive lockers and 4 backpacks, so had two pedicabs take our bags and we followed them on foot to the Hertz rental center. Two hours later and very frustrated, we finally had our rental car, and only then because the manager of the rental car center happened to come back into the office. Language and Expedia were the culprits. Dave had requested a SUV and ended up with a minivan which worked out even better. We found our way to the local Walmart in Playa del Carmen, loaded up with groceries and drove south to Akumal. The condo Dave rented for us is beautiful, sitting right on the shores of Half Moon Bay about 50 steps from the ocean.

Tuesday we woke up to a beautiful sunny day and decided to just take a day to do nothing. We had been diving every day for the past 5 days and were tired and worn out. So we snorkeled and sat in the sun, then did a little sight seeing, dinner and made it an early evening. This morning we woke up to rain and wind, so Donna and I booked a 90 minute massage at Buddah Gardens in North Akumal which was heavenly and the guys booked a two tank dive to a couple of the cenotes in the area for tomorrow. We're hoping to have sunny weather tomorrow, but even if the weather doesn't cooperate, it's also not -15 degrees, we don't have to shovel anything and I can spend an entire day just looking at the ocean listening to the waves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Coatimunde Coatimunde
Coatimunde

These pesky little guys show up at the resturaunts looking for a handout. As you can he got one from me.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb