We did it!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
June 3rd 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Friends,

Just a quick EMILIO letting everybody know that we arrived into oaxaca late last night at about 1030 local time (central time in USA). The weather has been a refreshing change from New Mexico. It rained most of the night and has been cloudy all day today saturday with afternoon showers sure to arrive. Today we went to the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca for the orientation and placement exams. The students all seem to be happy with their host families thus far. No major problems have encountered us except that one of our students tripped on an uneven surface and hurt her hip. We took her to the doctor where she was examened and it appears to be soreness more than anything from her fall. The doctor says she should be fine.

Lunch today was a chile relleno stuffed with chicken and cheese with a side of rice....good stuff maynard. In oaxaca typical dishes include MOLE (semi-sweet chocolate with chiles and semase seeds), as well as tamales, and chapulines which are grasshoppers...yeah you read right. Oaxaca is also an area where Mezcal is made but Ihaven't had the opportunity to try that.....yet!

We are meeting today saturday at 4pm with students to walk around and enjoy the weather and possibly have a drink and dinner

Tomorrow we will be taking a walking tour of oaxaca and on monday morning the students will begin their classes.

Hasta luego.

JUAN

P.D. To my lovely wife and beautiful daughter: I love you very much and miss you both!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb