Ruins of Oaxaca


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
December 29th 2008
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Cruised out to Oaxaca on Christmas Day and arrived fairly late, so took a look around the city. There was a bit of a festival in the Zocalo (main square) so we had a peek, but a bit too family oriented for us and all the bars were shut, so into bed for an early night.

The next day, we went to the Monte Alban archaeological area. Monte Alban was a town situated in the middle of three valleys and throughout the 1st Millienium AD, it was the focal point of all the Oaxacan state, a state consisting mostly of a lot of valleys up to this day. Good sights of some massive valleys on the way to Oaxaca and mountain ranges surrounding every view. Breathtaking. Photos will tell a longer story, but it takes a while to upload them.

That afternoon, we found a nice restaurant table on the side of the main square overlooking the action and had a few brews throughout the afternoon before packing our stuff and heading for the bus station at about 2030 for a 14 hour bus ride.

Fortunately the first movie on the ride was a little ditty starring Dolph Lundgren from the 90s. Let´s just say his idea of looking for evidence was shooting 4 guys, two of which were unconscious. It had every cliche in the book, so solid action, I highly recommend it if you can find it.

Photos to come, hopefully.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb