Still Relaxing


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit
May 8th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 21.066, -106.838

Today we were up in time for breakfast in the dining room. I like it much better than the buffet, but they stop serving at 9:30 most days so we must hurry to make it.

We spent a lot of time in the Cabaret Lounge watching shows. This morning they screened a video which was recorded during our Panama Canal transit and compiled and edited by members of the photography crew on board. We were back there in the afternoon to hear the choir composed of passengers on the ship. They did a fine job.

After dinner, we returned for the music of Duncan Tuck, whom we heard a couple of days ago, and Kuba, a talented musician from Poland. Duncan Tuck's set was pretty much like his first show. Kuba had also performed before, but we didn't see that show. He played three instruments. The first one looked like an ironing board from our angle, but when the camera showed the top of it, we could see it was similar to a piano keyboard. It made all kinds of sounds with the flip of a switch: organ, violin, guitar, horn, but he mainly used the xylophone sound. The second instrument that he played was the Theremin, and he played one piece on the grand piano. Both men are very talented, but so different in their styles.

Term of the Day: Generosity of spirit. Cruise ship passengers, particularly ones sixty years and older, like most of the guests on this ship, are kind to the performers no matter who they are. They laugh at the jokes, even the predictable ones, and applause for the music and dance, even when it is less than fantastic. I like seeing that.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb