Poison, Poison. . . .Tasty fish!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » Sayulita
January 20th 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

notes from the road

-Danny Lopez + illegal tequila= four liters of fun

-sayulita is super mellow, no real night life besides going out for a couple of beers and watching the ocean, not that i´m complaining, we have settled in and spend our days surfing, reading, and playing cards, guitar and bocce ball.

-Tony a guy from Weed California says, its hard to find weed in Weed.

-fish tacos are amazing until you eat so many that you get sick in the middle of the night then the thought of fish is out of the question for the next couple days.

-mustaches are in bad vibes are out

-the town of tequila is as fun as it sounds, kinda like Regina.

Adam

Hola Amigos,

Everything is going just Dandy on the road. We made it to Sayulita and it's as mellow and peaceful as we hoped it would be. Surfing is super hard to learn, but we're getting better everyday. Othere then that I haven´t caught a bad vibe in at least a week and really won´t be suprised if that continues.

A few days ago we ended up running into these two South African guys that we first met on a tour of the Jose Cuervo factory in Tequila. Needless to say whenever you meet someone on the road and then end up running into them again it pretty much solidifies your friendship. Needless to say, Elian, Byron, Adam and I went out for a few cocktails and had ourselves a blast. They were on there way to El Salvador and then to Costa Rica which would be an incredible trip!

Sayulita is super deadly. This romantic little town reminds me of Banff only with a way more mellow night life. We've been surfing like crazy and we've had a couple of good days and a couple bad days, but overall everything is deadly. We run into our buddy Tony from Weed Calif. all the time, he´s staying in the camp ground with his (girl) friend. We ended up meeting him in the bus station in Guadalajara and since he was flowing our way we traveled together for a bit. He´s a real mellow cat man.

While we were in Tequila we ended up hanging out in the back of liquor store (no idea how this happened)
yabadabadooyabadabadooyabadabadoo

craig showing off our sheet at our first hotel in sayulita
with a far out dude named Pico Rico. Turns out he makes bootleg Tequila that is delicious and sells it at a price so cheap its not illegal (please don´t let technical details get in the way). It was 400 pesos (45 bucks) for a four liter jug, it was rediculous! Other then that we are feeling healthy and fine, despite some street vendor trying to kill us with totally gnarly fish tacos! A word of advice, when living somewhere tropical no matter what DON'T EAT THE MAYO. Luckily I didn´t get sick, but poor Adam was feeling the Sushi Chefs curse for a day or two, but no worries we're back on top! I hope you are all feeling fantastic and you'll here from us soon!

When the world burns down don't forget to save Rock and Roll first,
Craig


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

amigosamigos
amigos

the south african guys we met in tequila thought they would give sayulita a try so we went out a couple of nights together, good luck down south guys.


30th January 2007

moonshine gives me the shits
I just taught grade 1's today. Those little shits cry way too easy. All I did was tell him he was fat. Makes me want to hop on a plane to somewhere warm.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb