Mexico is in my blood, Mexico is in his heart


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Cuernavaca
August 30th 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola Todos!

Bienvenidos a las viajes de Enchilada y Chimi! (aka. Steven's first week in Mexico!)

Our story begins at Terminal 2 in Mexico City where our leading man, a gringo on the outside but Mexican on the inside, is surprisingly tapped on the shoulder by a girl who he thinks is a stranger...possibly another traveler. Yet, little did he know that his love, a recent Mexico resident, had journeyed to the big city to surprise him and bring him safely to her home, Cuernavaca. The finger on his shoulder was hers, and after a double-take or two, they floated on Cloud 9 over to the bus terminal.

The two novios had reunited at last after three months and they were now ready to explore the beautiful country from which she came from, the same country that had won his heart the summer before.

The two traveld to Puebla to stay with the Mexican family whom Esteban lived with last summer. They enjoyed their time immensely with the warm and welcoming family. They ventured to Cholula to the University where he studied and to a great pyramid there called the Great Pyramid of Tepanapa. It has the largest base of any man made pyramid in the world. The two adventurers explored the dark ancient tunnels inside and then ascended to the summit where a Spanish church was plopped right on top. The two amigos spent the rest of the time visiting with the Gomez family (the host family) and wondered around the zocalo and colorful market areas.

Returning to Cuernavaca, the two nuevos Mexicanos spent time in the centro, at the NPH house, at the house in Miacatlan, and at ruins near Miacatlan called Xochicolco. However, during all these events they were accompanied by friends from the Czech Republic, Voijtech and Helena. The four travelers enjoyed their site seeing during the day and rendez-vous at a quaint cafe across from the Cathedral where they battle at Scrabble and competed in Ultimate Jenga over lattes, liquados (smoothies), and chi tea.

Although their time together flew by, their travels were filled with plenty of sweet bread, tacos al Pastor, Jamaica juice, hard rain, unexpected bus routes, failed attempts to cheat the gringos out of money, hilly towns, lots of laughter, Seinfeld, and mosquito bites.

Now the gringo is 6 hours south in Oaxaca, Mexico preparing to teach English, while his quierda latina is in Cuernavaca. Their future adventures are to be continued...


Paz de Mexico,
Enchilada


Additional photos below
Photos: 108, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Esteban's dance classEsteban's dance class
Esteban's dance class

The place where he first learned to move like a Latino


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb