We left the RV here while in Guadalajara


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco
February 22nd 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 20.4156, -103.664

We're back to Villa Corona tonight to pack up and leave for the coast in the morning.

We're sad to leave Casa Esperanza. We had such a great time with her we could easily have stayed a month.

Maybe next year.

This evening Bob and Donna and I walked over to the lake to watch the Roseate Spoonbills gather in the marches. Their bright pink plumage makes you think flamingo.

I'm adding some pictures of our drive from Guadalajara to the coast because they just seem to go here, even though they're actually from the next day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Construction equipment gets really closeConstruction equipment gets really close
Construction equipment gets really close

As though narrow lanes, heavy trucks and whizzing traffic weren't enough to deal with you have construction equipment crowding over into your lane from the right.
Avocado trees--we thinkAvocado trees--we think
Avocado trees--we think

There are hundreds of orchards all over this country of this tree and we couldn't think of anything else they'd eat THAT much of. They have to be producing enough for the entire Western Hemisphere.
Considerate roadside fruit standConsiderate roadside fruit stand
Considerate roadside fruit stand

We call these star fruit because when you slice them they look like stars.
Just look at everything going on in this yardJust look at everything going on in this yard
Just look at everything going on in this yard

There's the little girl's dress hanging in the window, the door partially covered with cardboard, a cook stove set up on cinder blocks, pile of small sized wood for cooking fires, potted plants, banana tree in right rear, water stains all along the lower edge of walls, ball on the roof, dish pans and cleaning supplies, tin roof...can you find more?


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb