Herradura Tequila


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Tequila
January 17th 2012
Published: January 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We spent today at the Casa Herradura enjoying a tour and tequila tasting. After a good nights sleep we headed over to the nearby town of Tequila. Of course, we had to stop on the way at a taco stand for a quick taco fix. The tour was very nice. We were the only ones on the tour and our guide Saul spoke very good english. We toured the entire factory and learned the process of how tequila is made. We saw how the blue aqave is baked in the large ovens and even tasted some of the baked aqave. It tasted like a sweet potato. The tour explained the fermintation process, dilstillation and the difference between the different types of tequila. The tour lasted well over 3 hours. At the end, we tasted several different tequilas and were able to compare the difference between the blanco, silver, gold, reposado and anjejo.


On our way out of town, Ed almost got the camper stuck under a railroad bridge. We were able to back out. However, it was just as the workers had all gotten off work and we created quite a traffice jam. But, nothing was damaged.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th January 2012

Looks like fun
Looks like you guys are having a great time. I see the sun is shinning, you are in shorts and even look a little sunburn. We are -10 today. Wish we were with you. Enjoy and have a drink for us. Love, Sue and Noel

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb