Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
January 27th 2016
Published: January 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Peurto Vallarta

Wednesday

Breakfast was included at the Hostel Vallarta--5 fruit plate, banana bread, and coffee. A fruit new to us was included, the yabava, a small, yellow sphere, very sour, somewhat like a lemon. We then walked the residential area around the hostel. The stone steps went up and up, winding paths, almost like a forest with flowers everywhere. Very picturesque and a fantastic view from the top. We went down by the ocean, and passed the always present MacDonalds, Starbucks, and even a casino. We took a wrong turn along the way, so our hike turned out longer then expected, but we got back to the hotel in time for checkout.

We hung out in the lounge until it was time for the taxi to take us to the airport. We found a corner table with a great view of the ocean and North Puerto Vallarta across the bay. You have to be careful when taxis are quoting you prices. This driver said $20, or 200 pesos. Since there are now close to 18 pesos per dollar, the 200 pesos made the cost $11, so you definitely pay in pesos.

The flight was direct and took less than 4 hours. With the new passport scan for customs and just carry-ons for baggage we were out of the airport quickly.

We're now safely back in Minnesota, but the weather is a little colder! Wonderful trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



31st January 2016

Hi
Glad to read you had a good trip!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb