Puerta Vallarata


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
September 22nd 2013
Published: January 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Dreams ResortDreams ResortDreams Resort

Pool View
I have been to Mexico many times. This was my first trip to Puerto Vallarata aka Vallarata aka PV. I stayed at the gorgeous beachside Dreams Resort. This all-inclusive beauty is nestled back in a secluded beach. They offer all the food you can eat, all the fruity cocktails you can drink and relaxing in the sunshine. There are daily activities, themed parties and excursions. With all the onsite entertainment(included) to fill weeks of fun you really never need to leave the resort, but I suggest venturing out to town.



Downtown PV must see..... Daytime on the Melacon, there is an abundance of touristy shops, delicious restaurants, and refreshing helados (ice cream) with beautiful views of the ocean, a stroll down this "boardwalk" is the perfect afternoon activity. For you night owls, the magical Melacon turns into an energetic, music filled, dance fest. There are live street bands, artists, and several night clubs to enjoy. Whether your an early bird or a night owl the Melacon is the spot you have to check out.





I don't suggest a fall visit, it was quite stormy, with breaks of sunshine. The overall temp was a perfect 85 daily, give or take a few degrees. Getting around is quick, easy and relatively cheap. There are small shops downtown and larger supermarkets in town closer to the airport such as the mall and Walmart. Most people speak English, but it makes travel to Mexico much easier when you speak Spanish. PV is a romantic, tropical, entertaining destination, I recommend a PV trip for couples. I hope you , my fellow travelers enjoy your next trip to PV!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Flea MarketFlea Market
Flea Market

Cruise Ship Dock
The ViewThe View
The View

A view from The Melacon


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb