Thar she blows!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our whale watching trip was a full morning on a small fishing boat with just the 2 of us. We met the boat early, and despite the fact that they thought that we wanted to go fishing and were surprised that we wanted to go whale watching, it all turned out just fine. They had 2-way radio as well as cell phones, and after a while, got a tip from one of the other boats as to where the whales were being spotted. We motored over there as quick as we could (along with several other whale watching boats), and saw a mother and baby whale. The came up for air, and dived a number of times, then both of them breached (jumped out of the water) right in front of us! We were so close, that Steve couldn't get the camera to zoom out far enough to get the whole whale. It was a really exciting experience for us!

Afterwards, we had some time to use up, and the guys piloting the boat talked us into doing some fishing after all. We trolled for a while but didn't catch anything. That was OK with us. Turns out that I still get motion sickness after being on the water, despite taking the medications and wearing the acu-pressure bracelets, so we were ready to go in. I was dizzy, nauseous and tired for a couple of days afterwards. Guess any future water transportation is out for me 😞. I don't care. It was a great day anyway!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Fishing gearFishing gear
Fishing gear

These guys were determined to go fishing that day


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb