Where we stayed in Puerto Vallarta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
February 15th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When we got off the plane in Puerto Vallarta Marie met us and drove us to Anna and Chrystals place - in the older part of the city. She had arranged for accomodation for us...we ended up staying 2 nites.

They were most gracious and drove us all around PV to see the sights...I was definately on sensory overload!

We sat on the back patio quite a bit and just drank in the beautiful trees, plants, and sounds. Oh the sounds! There was shrieking from roosters all around us - dogs barking, birds, loud Mexican music...and trucks constantly going by with loudspeakers blaring announcing things. It was really hard to sleep as the sounds died down for a bit, then the dogs and roosters would start up randomly. It's a crock that roosters only crow in the morning!

We were on our way home from a taco stand and saw something I found very disturbing. There was a truck driving down the street spraying all of the buildings along one side of the street....he would then turn around at the end of the block and spray all of the houses and sidewalks on the other side of the street. Little children were running along after the truck playing in the spray. Marie inquired as to what he was spraying any why. He gave her the name of the chemical (supposidly safe) and said that they were trying to keep the mosquito population down as there is an outbreak of some sickness you get from mosquitos (denague ? not sure how to spell it). It reminded me of some of the old films from the 60's.

All in all we had a great time in PV...




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Outside kitchenOutside kitchen
Outside kitchen

Marie and Corey - Corey bakes the gluten-free organic muffins for sale
Jim n MarieJim n Marie
Jim n Marie

on the patio just outside the kitchen
At the mechanicAt the mechanic
At the mechanic

Jim (Crystal's boss) left his car here to get fixed.


Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb