Magic in Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
May 15th 2008
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Peaceful PoolPeaceful PoolPeaceful Pool

Calm waters in the morning.
The following entries (Mexico and the summer) are backdated entries capturing some great memories from the past year. We have found this is a great way to journal and capture these experiences so if you choose to join us, enjoy.

Landing in Puerto Vallarta, we were extremely excited to be spending the next week in a little bit of Paradise. Our trip started out with a great night at the Fairmont Hotel in Vancouver with Glenn, Sue and the girls. Arriving in Mexico with a taxi awaiting (the airport scene as you exit is reminiscent of many places where pandemonium reigns). We beat the Mattice's to the hotel so Marla was able to use her amazing negotiation skills and secured us a huge room with a great view and even set Glenn and Sue up with a perfect room on the ground floor so that they could easily go in and out without using the stairs.

The week was spent enjoying the beach and pools while also exploring from nearby Puerto Vallarta all the way up north Sayulita. We rented a car and spent a wonderful evening being entertained by Alan and Lindy in the amazing Bucerias apartment (the
Need a Vaction??Need a Vaction??Need a Vaction??

The craziness began very early on the trip.
life of luxury - wow!!). The next night, we did some surfing up in Sayulita. This was the beginning of a National Holiday in Mexico so most of the country joined us at the beach that day. Even with the crowds, you couldn't hold in the excitement of the kids as they boogie boarded and tried their hand at surfing in the perfect learning waves. It should be noted that Courtney was the most successful as a surf bunny (Uncle Glenn was a close second). We were worried when we rented the car as to whether we were allowed to have all nine of us in the min-van built for seven. Our fears were quickly allayed when we saw a police pick-up truck drive by us with six police hanging out in the bed of the truck. Trevor's conscience was eased and driving became a fun game with rules being fairly arbitrary and obeyed if one wanted to.

The week went too fast with the pounds being added daily. Highlights included the amazing race, tennis, dinners in the different restaurants, room service ("You mean we don't have to pay for it?" ---- trust me kids, we paid for it
Beautiful surroundingsBeautiful surroundingsBeautiful surroundings

Lizards and peacocks were unique and beautiful all week.
already), burgers with whatever you want on them, braided hair, and jet ski rides). A lowlight might have been Glenn's speedo - our gift to him for his 44th bday. Quote of the week goes to Amanda as she pictured her Dad wearing his gift - "That is a really disturbing thought." Amanda, you were right.

All in all, it is decadent and very surreal but we will take it every once in awhile. We sure are blessed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Room with a viewRoom with a view
Room with a view

Tough place to stay for a week but someone needed to.
Happy FamilyHappy Family
Happy Family

The Mattice clan on one of our many evenings out for dinner.
Beach BeautyBeach Beauty
Beach Beauty

Kayla enjoying the surf and playing a bit of disc
Boogie QueensBoogie Queens
Boogie Queens

Amanda and Courtney riding the curl to the end.
Surfing DivaSurfing Diva
Surfing Diva

Courtney showing everyone how it's done. Need some Hawaiian surf.
Glenn's BdayGlenn's Bday
Glenn's Bday

Speedo for your birthday, SPEECHLESS!
Mexican eveningMexican evening
Mexican evening

Great time with great people in a great place.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb