Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Melaque
January 17th 2016
Published: January 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Melaque

Saturday

Melaque is a usual Mexican town, lots of restaurants and art and sourvenir shops, but peaceful and not much traffic. Our hotel is a couple of blocks from the beach. We did some more exploring in the town tihis morning, and found a place with hot cakes and eggs for breakfast.

Back at the hotel, we settled under a thatched umbrella to read books. Bob found his hammock. A mama yellow lab and her four pups came running by, very cute. The pups were very mischievous and two little guys stole Bob's socks. Bob had taken off his shoes and put his socks on top. Those little pups just took off. We were laughing so hard. The owner chased them down and returned the socks. I put the socks in my lap to keep them off the ground and another little one jumped up and stole them again. The owner returned them again, apologized, and said they had a thing for socks. We said we loved dogs and thought it was funny. The pups then jumped on top of Bob in the hammock and licked him. He had done nothing to encourage them. In the meantime, the mother dog was barking furiously at a squirrel in a tree.

We were back in our room for a while and I heard a bird call. I wanted to get a photo, so I followed the song and ended up at the toucan cage in the lobby. He was very noisy!

We later went out for another walk and found a good place for shrimp tacos. We had actually been to this place on another trip, but the management may have changed.

Tomorrow we will probably walk the beach to another little town, Barra de Navidad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb