Saturday February 1, The Diva Show at Piano Rojo


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
February 3rd 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, February 1

It was nice to be able to sleep a little later this morning, no tour planned and no bus or van to meet this day.

We had a relaxing day until late afternoon. Jorge was going to Guadalajara and couldn’t be our taxi this evening. Instead he offered us his little red car which we have borrowed/rented from him before. It was about 3PM when Rick went to get the keys from Jorge but he wasn’t home. Since we planned to leave at 4 pm, I phoned Jorge to see where he was and when he would be back. Oops... he was in Guadalajara and had forgotten to leave the keys. No Problem!

Mary Anne was coming with us to Piano Rojo so we left a little early and took the bus. The problem is not getting anywhere it’s getting home in the evening. The buses stop running and the taxies all go home about 9 pm. So if you haven’t pre- arranged a ride you have to walk home. Karari, who is our neighbour and one of the owners of the Piano Rojo told me last time that she has a few taxi drivers who will work late for her customers. When we arrived there, I asked Katari and we had a ride home arranged for after the show and dinner.

I thought we had arrived early for the show however as soon as we entered, I could see that there was only one front row table left. We quickly claimed it and waited for our friends, Linda and Ray from Cleveland to arrive. They are only here for a few weeks and leave this coming Thursday so this may be our last outing together.

The show started at 5 pm, it was an early show which we prefer.

Bonnie Kilroe (The Divas) appeared on stage in her first impersonation and immediately had everyone in stitches. She gave me this little furry thing which at first I wasn’t sure what it was. After assurances from Bonnie that it wasn’t alive I realized that it was supposed to be a mustache. Wearing my new mustache I had to join her for a picture.

She continued all evening having people join her on the stage with the laughter of not only the people in the audience but the onstage victim as well.

Bonnie has a wonderful voice and can sing beautifully in a range from Julie Andrews, Barbra Streisand to Cher and country and western singer Patsy Cline.

Our friend Ray became Ozzie Osbourne while she was Sharon. He donned a wig and glasses then was even given a plastic bat to hold in his mouth.

I ended up onstage again when Bonnie was transformed into Tina Turner. There were a few of us and we were shown movements, motions that we were to use while dancing to Proud Mary with our boas. What a riot, but I was exhausted after one performance. I don’t know how she keeps up her energy as she does for a full two hour show.

During her Cher act she looked for a bald man in the audience and proceeded to transform him into Sonny. He even received a microphone in order to sing along with “I got you Babe”. When he sang, the mike was one that transforms the voice. He became a chipmunk. Everyone was rolling in laughter.

When the show was over we went to Posada Ajijic for dinner. The food was good but the company was better, we were all still laughing from the performances.



I am not the best at describing how good the show was I found a You Tube video on her show.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb