Wednesday January 8, Market and Lip Sync 6


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
January 15th 2014
Published: January 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, January 8

This was a busy day. Our cleaning lady comes on Mondays to clean but on Wednesday she does our laundry. So we are normally up, showered and dressed by 8:30am when the knock on the door announces her arrival.

Wednesday is also Tienda (Market) day in Ajijic. We don’t usually take the camera with us to the Market because we have enough to carry with all of our purchases. This week we didn’t need much of anything so the camera was not a problem. Most people in the Ajijic Market like to have their picture taken and some even approached us and asked us to take their picture. Others however avoid the camera. We had fun with those who we have gotten to know in the couple of months we have been here.

We left the market and walked a few blocks to the Spa. I had an appointment today for a manicure and facial. While I was being pampered, Rick went for a walk and returned with pictures of doors he had taken all within a few blocks.

It was well after noon when we left the spa so we walked another couple of blocks to Gossips Restaurant. We had walked past this place many times but never stopped in for a meal or drink. There was one empty table so our timing this day was perfect.

The food and service were very good. As we were sitting at our table, Rick asked me if pomegranates grow on trees. It seemed a weird question but I answered that yes they grow on trees. He asked me to turn around and look out the window. Sure enough, across the street was a large pomegranate tree with fresh fruit hanging from its branches. Neither of us had seen a pomegranate tree before so we were both excited when we left the restaurant to take a picture.

We took a local bus home and had just enough time to get ready to head out again. This time we went with Mary Anne to the Auditorium where our friend Wendy was performing in a fundraising show called Lip Sync Six.



It was a wonderful show and Wendy was in three different acts. The costumes were perfect, the dancing well done, the songs were great fun and the evening provided a lot of laughs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb