A Trip to Tony's Campestre (A Meat Place)


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
April 21st 2019
Published: April 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

I think we both had a case of cabin fever. We have been couped up for a couple of days avoiding the crowds of Tapatios (people from Guadalajara). We like to be out and about, and my plan for this trip was to eat at least one meal out per day. That is mainly to keep Rose happy and to prevent a mutiny. We had invited the cleaning gal and her family to use the pool today, and after they got in and expressed their exuberation, (I think we had like 6 or 7 teenage boys here) we thought it might be a good time to go down the hill and get some food. Man, would I like to have some of those kid's energy!

So, we made our third trip to Tony's Campestre. First trip was when we were looking for houses down here, we stopped there for lunch with our real estate agent. That was a couple of years ago. The second trip was our first night back here with our homeowner. Now I have to tell you, if the food is not good, I don't go back, so three times means you gotta try it. The place is easily accessible, clean and well staffed. The waiters speak English (not that we needed that). They have a well stocked bar and the margaritas ain't bad.

Tony, el dueño y cocinero, is an affable fellow and it is apparent that he enjoys eating. That only makes sense because he sure enjoys cooking. We both ordered rib eyes this time and they were so tender and cooked to perfection. We purposely left a lot to food to come home because dessert looked very attractive. So, two rib eyes with grilled veggies and papita fritas, two margaritas, a Coke, two glasses of agua de garrafon, and two pieces of "pay de coco y chocolate" came to 594 pesos, plus 120 peso propina (Do you see how I am sneakily teaching you Spanish?) came to $38.36 US. Plus, we have dinner and a bunch of homemade tortillas for desayuno. Huevos Rancheros, anyone? (or is it Ranchero con Huevos??).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb