My Funny Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato » San Miguel de Allende
September 11th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A list of funny stories I've been remembering about Mexico.
If you're reading this, you were most like there when a few of them happened.

-Being serenaded by Beto
-Getting stuck in Callejon de los Muertos in the Pimp Mobile
-Driving to Guanajuato in the Pimp Mobile
-Getting a huge bug stuck on me on that ride to Guanajuato, and then getting lost in the tunnels under the city and reading signs like "If caught in a traffic jam, turn off engine, or risk possible harm"
-Getting locked out and sleeping on the trampoline (multiple times)
-Carmelo and his changing voice
-My cat (may she rest in peace), how she died and how I came to know about it.
-Getting caught and almost arrested on the Mexican side of the border for being an illegal.
-Taking a bus overnight to Monterrey with Victor. The TV's went out, but the sound didn't, so I "watched" two movies and to this day have no idea what the characters look like.
-The infamous midnight scary movie in the graveyard with Victor, Paco, Tito and Dan and having the movie turn out to be extremely sexually graphic (nothing like watching porn standing next to a grandfather, pastor, a guy wearing argyle socks and a Mexican with long hair).
-Karaoke so loud the entire neighborhood can hear us singing to Juanes.
-Reyna.
-Camping at the abandoned haunted Hacienda.
-Almost belaying down a well filled with bees at the haunted Hacienda.
-Going to a carnival with sketchy rides and getting stuck on the "Himalaya" for about 15 mins, going backwards, while the guy in charge went for churros.
-The fact that it's socially acceptable here to smell someone and comment on whether it was a good or bad experience. Carmelo informs me that I'm a good experience .
-"Laura, your hair is like a drug".
-Waking up to Carmelo's off key singing of K-Paz de la Sierra.
-Being asked to go steady by an 11 year old whose nickname is "intestine" and who tells such stories as how he's been on a plane before. In fact, he caught the plane on the corner in the center of town. It was going to Mexico City. The plane was big and the ladies who sell churros got on. He, in fact, bought some churros on the plane that he caught on the street corner.
-Chencho and the fact that he thinks that all of the food in the United States is from either cans or boxes and that every house has a porch swing.
-Being told that it was crazy that I didn't know the words for "stilts" or "pelicans" in Spanish. Carmelo told me that since I'm Mexican (obviously), these are things I should know.
-How I shattered Carmelo's sense of reality when I told him that Arnold Schwarzenegger, in fact, does not speak Spanish
-How Jovani met a kid from the United States who was the same age as him, heard him speaking English, was so impressed that he said to Victor "Look Victor, that kid is smart, he already knows English!".
-How none of the kids knew that I spoke English.
-How "Come on everybody, every peoples!" is Chencho's favorite saying in English.
-How Carmelo will randomly throw English words into what he is saying. "Van a poner flowers" or "Tengo cold".
-Carmelo’s love of Hillary Duff.
-Chencho’s love of Tina Turner.












Just what I've been thinking about.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb